Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: shipping VoftheT's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member petepdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2009
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    shipping VoftheT's

    Any suggestions ? I will have information on mode etc and pictures soon
    of two Voice of the Theaters. They are from an estate about 45 miles
    from Portland, Oregon.

    -pete

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: shipping VoftheT's

    Dunno what models you're looking at, but these are what I did for mine. Made it all the way from Western NE intact....

    http://www.hostboard.com/forums/alte...-anything.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member scharron's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2008
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: shipping VoftheT's

    Hi Guys,
    two A7's shipped from Nashville TN, to Raleigh NC cost $225, Bax Global. I didn't look to see if they are still in business! just read the thread. they were packed by the previous owner. wrapped in cardboard and styro and strapped to a pallet. both horns were left inside and the particle board mounting brackets both failed and the front of the horns were sitting on the lip of the woofer opening. thankfully no more damage than that and I reconstructed better mounts out of hardwood and angle brackets. Soooo....absolutely insist that the horns and drivers are shipped separately. they could be broken very easily.
    I think I would probably insist that the woofers were removed and shipped separately too.
    this stuff is getting too expensive and it is already fairly fragile. to leave it to someone on their first day with a forklift, well, you take your chances. I also was shipped a separate 811 with an 802 driver and crossover packaged separately with this group, and it arrived completely fine. so, the end result of my experience is that now when I buy cabs or speakers, they get shipped taken apart and packaged separately, with woofers bolted to plywood. I actually received a celestion guitar speaker one time that was folded to a 90 degree angle. thankfully the seller refunded my money when I suggested it wasn't exactly "minty" anymore!
    just my .02 I learned from assembling my HT system.
    scott in nc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.